Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Forlan Disappoint

Uruguay captain Diego Forlan declared himself disappointed following his sides 3-2 defeat to Netherlands in the semi-final of the World Cup in Cape Town.

Forlan had canceled out Giovanni van Bronckhorst's stunning opener to leave the sides level at the break but la Celeste eventually fell to two second half goals from Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben despite a late effort from Maximiliano Pereira.

"The truth is that I have a bitter taste, because there were more difficult games than this," he was quoted as saying by El Pais before revealing that he was not in ideal shape for the game.

"Personally, I feel useless because I was not in a good enough physical state to be able to perform at my best. Collectively I think it was very good, but it cost us a lot to get the second goal, they got two in those four minutes and that settled it.

"I was not contributing anything to bother them so it was better that another player came in. I was tired. I believe I will be okay, now it hurts but I hope to make the [third place play-off] game, it's still several days away. We all hope to be well enough to play for third place. We are all very proud even though we lost."

0 comments:

Post a Comment